Thursday 23 April 2015

The Good Old Days Of Web Design


My family didn t get internet until I was about thirteen, at the start of eighth grade. I believe that was back in 2001 or so. Anyway, that era is what I like to nostalgically think of as the glory days of web design and the general web design community. Back then you had to learn everything yourself via hands on approaches. My first websites were terrible by today standards. But so were most people s. I used free hosting services that coded your content for you ? all you had to do was select images and the colors you wanted. Wow, that stuff clashed! At first I was so stupid that I didn t know you had to actually upload images. I was directing image fields to point to my computer, meaning I was the only one who could see them! I remember going to a friend s house and trying to show her my website on her computer. My page came up completely black and ominous looking. Oops. After a while I became more savvy. I found out I could code my own HTML and took that approach. Back then there we
http://bit.ly/1Fh1UC8

No comments:

Post a Comment